The dating scene has been around forever, and still people struggle with how to approach a first date. Many men and women are unsure about how they ask someone out on a first date and how they can prepare for it to go as smoothly as possible. While it’s not rocket science what we will discuss here, it could be very important in case this person is what you’ve been looking for all along.
When we say to “go on a first date” – it is not just a simple act to ask someone out for dinner, for a movie date or for a walk. It is a social act that follows a pattern depending on the norms of society. Just like any project, it needs a keen plan as to make sure that everything will go smoothly in the end.
You may use these steps as reference to get that first date and make it a success.
- If you don’t personally know them yet, find out the person’s name who you want to ask out. You could do this by asking mutual friends or – much better – by just by going over to him or her and start up a conversation. Actually taking the initiative to start up a conversation in person is much more effective than asking around for their name and number and starting to text them out of the blue.
- Talk to him or her as often as you can without forcing anything. Talking is the best way for you to get know each other. This doesn’t always have to be in person. Regularly chatting via Facebook or through text messages can help you get to know each other and could give you some topics to talk about on the first date.
- Know the things they love to do. You don’t need to be a stalker to find out about their interests. Just ask mutual friends, or try to figure it out if you see and talk to him or her before your first date.
- Ask him or her for a date. This is it, the most awaited moment. You could do this after a few weeks, a few days or even a few hours. It really doesn’t matter as long as it feels right. Life’s too short to postpone these things for too long. Try to ask him or her in person or through a phone call. Try to plan a fun activity that you know they will like, but don’t reveal too much when you ask them out yet. Make it sound a bit mysterious.
- Before your date, make sure that you are looking your best. Brush your teeth, get your hair done, etc. No need to overdo it though, you still want to be yourself, just the best version of yourself.
Last tip: Enjoy it! And if it doesn’t work out, life will go on, and you will have the opportunity to plan another first date in the future.
Please join us to keep the conversation going on...Facebook