One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is having to look for ANYTHING!
I’m one of the most organized people ON the freaking planet! Everything has a place and in it’s place it is. That is UNTIL someone else in the house needs something.
Prime example – we have this issue with iPod headphones. Everyone else in the house seems to misplace theirs or lose them. Rather than looking for their own – they grab mine! My PINK headphones, I purposely purchased thinking the inhabitants of Lake Testosterone would not use them because they are pink.
Now, I don’t use them every single day like everyone else – so days may go by before I realize they are missing. By then, whoever ‘borrowed them WITHOUT permission’ has:
- forgotten they borrowed them
- forgotten where they put them
That’s when I find myself fuming with rage, turning the house upside down looking for MY headphones that were placed in their PROPER place – right where I (and obviously everyone else) know where to find them.
I finally got smart and found a pretty snazzy hiding place for my iPod and headphones.
Today, it’s my black marker – the one I keep in the kitchen because I might just need it sometime – Like RIGHT effing now for instance!
I swear – when they move out – I will get even. I’m keeping note of everything they do that pisses me off and I’ll turn right around and do it back.
- muddy shoes across the carpet
- loud noises in the middle of the night (especially when they have young kids. that should be fun)
- globs of toothpaste on, in and all around the bathroom sink
- sweating glass of drink setting on their coffee table taking special care to leave a ring
- being very noisy and disruptive when they’re trying to watch something important
And that’s just to name a few… The list does go on and is a constant work in progress.