We’ve all heard them. Ask women, they’ll tell you they rarely work and at the very best, they are somewhat entertaining, depending on the contributor – while men on the other hand – well, anyone who can find seduction in a woman rolling paint on the wall, a pickup line is going to be flattering at the very least and quite possibly the first promise of impending passion.
Regardless of what anyone says, when shopping for love, romance, relationships or even “no strings attached” – introductory lines aka pickup lines should be funny, original, entertaining and sincere. What they should never be is offensive, critical, insulting, or have offensive sexual connotations.
I’ve scoured the web and several message boards to come up with a list of 16 of the most often used pickup lines and I’ve found the following to the most commonly used but also the most often rejected.
16 Worst Pickup Lines from Men and Women
1. “What’s your sign?”
2. “Pardon me, I seem to have lost my phone number, can I borrow yours?”
3. “You must be a broom because you’re sweeping me off my feet.”
4. “I was wondering if you have a moment to spare for me to hit on you?”
5. “What’s a sexy woman like you doing in a dirty mind like mine?”
6. “Are you lost? Because heaven’s a long way from here.”
7. “Do you work for UPS? I could have sworn I saw you checking out my package.”
8. “I’m new in town and can’t find my way around; could I have directions to your place?”
9. “Are you religious? Because you’re the answer to all my prayers.”
10. “Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?”
11. “Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?”
12. “You must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy.”
13. “See my friend over there? He wants to know if you think I’m cute.”
14. “How would you like your eggs for breakfast: scrambled, boiled or fertilized?”
15. “What do you say we go back to my place and do some math? Add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and multiply!”
16. “I just want to tell you that you have a price to pay for being this cute, and I’m here to collect… your phone number, that is.”
If you have a pickup line you’d like to share that’s either caused you to be shot down like a duck in flight or has resulted in winning the prize, let us know. I’m sure the world would love to hear!
Please join us to keep the conversation going on...Facebook